PHP is used for the customized website development for many business/ organizations. Nowadays, the utilization of PHP in website development is in huge demand and it keeps on increasing. It can also serve as a cost-effective medium for the development of new websites.
Advantages of PHP
- Simple and easy to learn– PHP scripting is one of the easiest. This is due to the similarity of its syntax with C and Java.
- Support– PHP has the largest user base for any scripting language. So, finding help once you are stuck through online resources is relatively easy.
- Freedom – Since PHP is open source you can use any text editor to code such as notepad, Notebook++, JEdit, Emacs, and Bluefish. Also it is not OS specific and can be run on Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, and UNIX.
- Free – PHP is 100% free for anyone to use. There are no licences, royalty fees or restrictions involved.
- Integration – PHP is used for many applications and powers over 30 % of the web. Systems such as MongoDB, Memacache, and Pusher all integrate with PHP. Almost any industry you can think of uses PHP in some fashion such as Hospitals, Banks, Government and Large Corporations.
- Frameworks – Some of the popular frameworks are Aiki, Symfony, Silex, Zend, and Slim. The number of PHP frameworks available is proof of how strong the community is.
- Easier to fix problems –It is easy to fix issues as you run into an issue and when a request is raised, PHP cleans up and start over. So an issue with one request may not disrupt another request.
- Scalability – Due to the way PHP is built, you can easily increase your cluster size by adding more projects as you grow.
- Object Oriented – PHP has the ability to call Java and Window COM Objects. In addition you can create custom classes. Other classes can borrow from these custom classes which further increases the capability of PHP further.
- Speed – Since PHP do not use much of the system resources it runs faster than other scripting languages.
What all to learn in website development
- The process of building functional, full- featured websites utilizing MySQL, PHP and other latest web development technologies.
- The methodology to install, configure and modify functional PHP constructs and MySQL databases for the web.
- Must understand the basic principles and best practices of PHP and MySQL in a real world project.
The targeted audience
- Individuals and business owners with an interest of creating their own websites with complete control over data management, functionality and visual appearance.
- Those programmers and web developers who are looking forward to learn a new set of standards as well as anew language.
- Anyone who used CMS or templates in the past to create websites but want more control over the site.
- Anyone who had tried to learn PHP or MySQL in the past but cannot accomplish it due to the lack of practical examples.